What to Compost
Fruits and vegetables
Dairy: milk, cheese & yogurt
Eggs and egg shells
Cooked meats: shells, bones, wooden skewers, toothpicks
BPI Certified Compostable – clearly labeled
Coffee grounds and tea with filters
Bread, dough, bakery items, pasta & grains
Food soiled paper: paper bags, paper towels, paper napkins
Processed foods: pizza, cereal, chips, crackers, & plate scraps
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Raw meats ( fish, poultry, pork, seafood and beef )
- Plastic bags, plastic single use serve ware, utensils, twist-ties, rubber bands.
- Waxed cardboard boxes, mixed paper.
- Wood, metal, glass, or other non-food items.
- Fats, oil, grease, non-consumable liquids and lard.